Entrepreneurs understand that every penny counts. When it comes to credit cards, using them during business transactions can be a profitable strategy.
Therefore, we recommend that you search for business cards offering the most lucrative rewards. These cards can help boost your firm’s cash flow while earning valuable benefits.
Benefits could include generous sign-up bonuses or healthy rewards in the categories where you expect to do most of your everyday spending.
Biggest Sign-Up Bonus — Chase Ink Business Preferred
Most business cards offer a sign-up bonus to welcome you as a client. As the name suggests, this benefit is a one-time bonus only available when you open your account.
It can be a cash credit on your statement or available as points within your card issuer’s rewards program. You can then earn these points by making purchases.
One of the best initial bonus-offers available today comes from the Chase Ink Business Preferred card. With Ink Business Preferred, you earn 100k bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards points when you spend at least $15,000 during your first three months.
Top Travel Rewards Program — American Express Business Platinum
If you do a lot of business travel, you need a card that gives you sizable rewards for travel purchases. With the American Express Business Platinum card, earn five times the usual points on prepaid hotel reservations and airline tickets that you purchase through the Amex Travel website.
Plus, the Amex Business Platinum card features other travel rewards, including:
- The American Express Global Lounge Collection — Benefit from airport lounge access during layovers at over 1,300 locations in 140 countries. Enjoy free food and drinks, workspaces, high-speed internet, and even showers and spa services, depending on the specific airport lounges you visit.
- Fine Hotels + Resorts Program — Book your reservations with Amex Travel to get hotel perks like complimentary breakfast and late checkouts.
- No foreign transaction fees — Use your card when overseas and pay no additional cost.
- Airline points bonus — When you use points to purchase airfare, you can get 35% of the points back as a bonus.
- Global Entry and TSA PreCheck programs — Get a credit to reimburse you for fees when you sign up for expedited travel programs like Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- Trip cancellation insurance — If you buy a round-trip flight and your trip is canceled for a covered reason, Amex may be able to refund your cost.
Highest Return on Office Purchases — Chase Ink Business Cash
The Chase Ink Business Cash card is a superior option if your company needs office supplies and services to ensure it runs smoothly.
Earn 5% in cash back rewards using your Chase Ink Business Cash card for merchandise at office supply stores and pay your phone, internet service, and cable service providers.
This special rate is good for the first $25,000 that you spend on items in these combined categories per year, based on the anniversary of when you opened your account. After that, purchases earn the usual 1% cash back.
Greatest Rewards for Flexible Categories — Amex Business Gold
Some rewards cards offer set benefits for different spending categories. Others like the American Express Business Gold Card provide cardholders the flexibility to earn more in select categories where they spend the most money. This can be beneficial if your business spending fluctuates and is more heavily weighted toward a few expense types.
With the American Express Business Gold card, you can bank up to 4x the normal points on spending (up to $150,000 per year) in two of the following bonus categories each billing cycle:
- Shipping purchases
- Dining purchases and restaurant takeout
- Purchases at gas stations
- Purchases for advertising
- Computer hardware and software
Best Flat-Rate Cash Back — Alliant Cashback Visa Signature
If your spending is more evenly distributed, you may not benefit from flexible reward cards with category restrictions. In that case, Alliant Cashback Visa Signature credit card’s high flat rate may earn you more in membership rewards.
Alliant’s 2.5% cash back rate on all purchases across the board is significantly higher than the 1% or 1.5% base rate you’ll get with most other cards. However, you’ll need to have excellent credit scores to qualify.
Best Rewards for Specific Airlines and Hotel Partners
What if you regularly use particular airlines or hotel chains during your business trips? You may discover that it’s most profitable to use a travel credit card geared toward eligible purchases with those companies.
- American Airlines — With the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard, you can earn miles, plus free checked baggage, inflight discounts, and preferred boarding on American Airlines flights.
- United Airlines — The United Business Mileage Plus Visa card gives you double the miles for flight purchases with United.
- Southwest Airlines — Get the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business credit card to get three points for every dollar you spend on Southwest flights, plus perks like inflight Wi-Fi credits and upgraded status boarding.
- Hilton Hotels — The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card brings in 12 points for every dollar spent with Hilton hotels and six points for each dollar spent in other travel categories.
- Marriott Hotels — Take advantage of the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express card to collect six points per dollar on Marriott and Bonvoy hotel stays.
The Revenued Business Card Is the Answer to Subprime Credit
The lucrative benefits you can get from reward-based corporate cards are attractive; however, they are only practical if you qualify. The new Revenued Business Card is an alternative financing tool created for small businesses with subprime credit.
Your U.S.-based company may be eligible for the card with only six months of operational history and $10,000 in monthly sales. Sign up for our waitlist today to be first in line for the card when the application becomes available. Or call +1-877-662-3489 for additional eligibility criteria.
We're working on some pretty cool new pieces of content, including tools that will give you insight into your business finances.
Want to be the first to know when they launch?